YOHHLNet is a network of health library and information services across East Yorkshire, North Yorkshire, South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire and Lincolnshire. We have membership from a wide range of organisations from NHS Trust library services, to public libraries and universities. If you are a library, information or knowledge service, you'd be very welcome to join us.
If you are interested in joining YOHHLNet please contact us for an application form. YOHHLNet members pay an annual subscription fee per organisation.
Benefits of YOHHLNet Membership
YOHHLNet membership gives your organisation the following benefits:
- Better quality Library and Knowledge Services through the ongoing sharing of best practice across the region and a shared strategic outlook facilitated by stakeholders, including Health Education England (HEE);
- Increased sector and cross-sector engagement through access to professional updates and health sector communications, with opportunities for joint events with LIHNN and HLN;
- More engaged staff through the sharing of information with peers and strengthening of professional networks, including working on special interest groups;
- Improved staff skills gained through a wide range of specialist CPD opportunities including training courses and access to a free staff library book collection;
As a member of the YOHHLNet staff in your organisation can benefit from:
- YHLKS Mailing List - A network email list used to advertise YOHHLNet events and study days, activities, resources and communicate general announcements from the Committee to members;
- Staff CPD Resources - Throughout the year YOHHLNet provides a range of study days and training opportunities for staff of its members to attend, usually free of charge. Additionally, staff working in YOHHLNet member organisations can apply for bursary funding to attend conferences, regional and national training events and other CPD opportunities;
The YOHHLNet Committee manages the work and affairs of the network. The current Committee Officers are:
Chair - Heather Steele
Secretary - Helen Curtis
Treasurer - Craig Abbs
CPD Co-Ordinator - Helen Swales
The YOHHLNet Constitution can be found here
If you have any queries please don’t hesitate to get in touch.