Cheshire and Merseyside
Cheshire and Merseyside Librarians is one of three patch groups (along with Cumbria and Lancashire and Greater Manchester) in LIHNN.
- Role of the Group
- Officers of the Group
- Administrative Arrangements
- Minutes and Papers
- Access Agreement to Cheshire and Merseyside Library Services
Terms of Reference
Purpose: To provide leadership in planning and development of library services to NHS staff and students across Cheshire and Merseyside in order to deliver quality library services in health and social care.
- Provide a forum for communication and the sharing of information relevant to library service delivery in Cheshire and Merseyside
- Maintain an overview of national and other policies and frameworks
- Identify and share good practice
- Identify opportunities for best practice and sharing of resources
- Identify funding opportunities for resources
- Co-ordinate developments across Cheshire and Merseyside
- Raise the profile of NHS library services in Cheshire and Merseyside
Membership: Membership will be made up of senior NHS Library staff and their representatives fron all services in Cheshire and Merseyside and from the Health Care Libraries Unit. It will include representatives from academic libraries and other institutions providing services to NHS staff and students
Meetings: Meetings will take place 4-6 times a year. They are are quorate when 50% of members are present.
Officers of the Group: Officers of the Group will be elected or re-elected as required. Responsibilities for the positions of Chair and Secretary to the Group will be agreed annually at the final meeting of the year.
Administrative arrangements: The Chair of the Group will be responsible for
- Preparing and distributing the agenda prior to the meetings
- Keeping a record of matters arising and issues to be carried forward
- Acting on behalf of the group (or nominating a deputy) in circumstances where group representation is required
The Secretary of the Group will be responsible for:
- Attending to take minutes of the meeting
- Ensuring the minutes are published on the LIHNN website
- Ensuring the date of the next meeting is published on the LIHNN website
Staff Attending are responsible for:
- Notifying the Chair of agenda items no less than 7 working days prior to the meetings
- Attending meetings or sending a representative if they cannot attend
- Acting as ‘champions’ to disseminate information and good practice as appropriate.
Minutes and Papers
Access Agreement to Cheshire and Merseyside Library Services
The Cheshire and Mersey health libraries have created an access agreement that specifies what services NHS staff can expect to receive when they visit a library other than their home library.
|Access Agreement July 2013 (Word version)|
|Access Agreement July 2013 (PDF version)|
|Access Agreement 2007|
This was revised in July 2013 (MS Word) or July 2013 (PDF version) and the details for Southport and Ormskirk are now revised.
Page Last Updated 8 July 2022